While winter trends were all about the smokey look for the eyes, spring trends bring us pastel shades in blue, green, lime ,coral and orange to play around with. With spring just around the corner, its time to get colorful !
Inspired by the runway makeup for Spring/Summer 2011 collections, here’s a Shimmery sky blue eye makeup look using Colorbar eyeshadow #007 Aqua Marine.
Here’s the final look
Products used for eye makeup :
1. Chambor dazzle pencil ‘Grey’
2. Colorbar eye shadow single #007 ‘Aqua marine’
3. Bourjois ombre stretch eye shadow #14
4. Maybelline chai latte quad (for crease color and highlight shade)
5. Lotus herbals kajal (sorry missed it out in the pic!)
6. Maybelline gel eye liner
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
8. Faces eye shadow brush
- First, I applied and smudged the grey pencil on the lids to give a base to the shimmery sky blue eyeshadow. Without a base it appears very light, almost silvery blue.
- Next, I applied the shimmery blue shadow to the entire lid up to the crease after which I applied the dark blue eye shadow on the outer corner.
- After applying the dark blue on the outer corner, I applied dark brown on the crease and blended it well with the blue shades.
- Next, I applied the highlight shade on the browbone and blended it with the crease color.
- To give a more open look to the eyes, I applied some of the shimmery blue shade in the inner corners of the eyes.
- Next, I applied lots of kajal and smudged it on the lower lash line using a moist brush loaded with the dark blue eyeshadow.
- Lastly, I applied winged black eye liner and finished the look with a coat of mascara.
Products used for the lips :
1. Chambor lip liner ‘nude’
2. Lotus Herbals pure color lipstick ‘Peach creme’
3. Maybelline water shine gloss ‘Beige Sensation’
Products used for the face:
1. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
2. Chambor silver shadow ‘RR2’
3. Colorbar blushes: Just Earth(contouring), Peachy Rose
For the perfect spring look, my pick for an outfit for this makeup look would be a simple white shirt, blue jeans with silver earrings. What outfit would you pair with this look ?
Have you tried spring/summer inspired pastel eyes ? Which is your favorite look for spring/summer?
Let me know your comments by replying below.