Today I’m reviewing NYX rouge cream blush ‘Rose Petal’ which I purchased online from cherryculture.com some time back. I wanted a natural looking blush and was confused between the shade ‘Natural’ and ‘Rose Petal’. I decided to pick up up ‘Rose Petal’ since it appeared more cool toned than ‘Natural’.
Price: $6.50 = Rs 300 approx. (online), Rs 650 (in India)
Quantity: 6 gm
Shades available : Click .
My take on the product :
Packaging: It comes in a black sturdy plastic packaging with a transparent lid. The packaging is simple and travel friendly but does not contain either a mirror or an applicator.
Texture and Pigmentation: The cream blush is very smooth, creamy and decently pigmented. A very small quantity is required to give enough color to the cheeks that lasts all day long. I generally use a stippling brush (MAC 188) to apply this blush. For swatching I used a Q-tip (which would explain the different textures on the blush :-)) I just need to touch the bristles of the brush to the blush surfaced and it picks up enough product for the cheeks. Apply directly to the apples and blend towards hairline.
Read tutorial on how to apply cream blush .
Staying power : It stays on my cheeks all day long. The color tends to fade after 3-4 hours but the dewy soft natural flush remains all day.
The shade ‘ROSE PETAL’ : It is soft warm pink shade which looks very natural on my NC 40 skin. It is a lovely shade for everyday wear, does not contain any shimmer and just gives a a very natural shade. Looks pinker in the pan but translates to a warmer natural flush on the cheeks. I love how subtle and wearable the shade is. Might not work for very dusky skin tones but I feel skin tones upto NC 42-43 can sport it very well. It is very close to the shade ‘Natural’.
Finish: It gives a dewy finish to the cheeks and cream blushes are the best way to achieve a soft, dewy look. I have combination/oily skin and this blush does make my skin a tad oily but I powder my face afterapplying this blush and I do need to touch up after 2-3 hours. It did not break me out or irritate my skin in any way.
The GOOD about NYX rouge cream blush ‘Rose Petal’ :
- Sturdy packaging with transparent cover- easy to locate and identify the shade.
- Soft and smooth texture- glides smoothly on q-tip/brush
- Small quantity needed in each application
- Good pigmentation- not overly pigmented so can be used by beginners too.
- Gives a dewy natural flush to the cheeks that lasts all day.
- Amazing quantity and quality at the price- especially if purchased online.
- Wide variety of shades to choose from.
- Good lasting power.
- The shade ‘Rose petal’ is a natural pink shade- would suit many skin tones.
- Does not make skin overly oily.
The NOT-SO-GOOD about NYX rouge cream blush ‘Rose Petal’ –
- Does not come with either mirror or applicator.
- Being cream based, makes skin a little oily after a few hours- may not suit oily skins especially in summers.
- The shade ‘Rose petal’ may not suit very dusky skin tones.
- Availability! (only in few cities at a much higher price, otherwise online at a very reasonable price)
Overall Verdict : The NYX Cream blushes are awesome value for money- especially if purchased online. There’s a wide variety of shades to choose from for all skin tones. The texture is smooth and pigmentation is good- they not overly pigmented. The shade ‘Rose petal’ is a natural pink shade (without shimmer) that gives a very natural flush to the cheeks that lasts all day long. Like all cream blushes it gives a lovely dewy finish that may require oily skinned beauties to powder to keep the oiliness at bay. I highly recommend these blushes to everyone.
Will I repurchase: Yes!
Have you tried NYX Cream blushes?