Today I’m doing a bronze,gold and red makeup look that is best suited for evening parties. I recently picked up Avon smooth minerals lipstick in the shade ‘Brick Red‘ which is a gorgeous red that I’ve been wearing a lot as a stain these days! Since its warm red with brownish undertones, I decided to keep the eye and face makeup in shades of bronze and gold.
Here’s the final look –
Summary of the look –
On a well moisturized face, apply full coverage foundation, conceal required areas and set with powder. Apply a warm copper/bronze blush along the cheek plane and highlighter on the cheek bone. For the eyes, apply golden/bronze base all over, bronze/gold eye shadow on lid, brown frosty eye shadow in crease and lower lash line and highlight inner corner with gold shadow. Line upper lash line with brown pencil and apply 2 coats of mascara. Highlight cupid’s bow, bridge of the nose and apply warm red/brick red lipstick.
Products used :
- MAC Paint pot ‘Indianwood’ (See Review, Swatch HERE)
- MAC eyeshadow Amber lights
- MAC eyeshadow Twinks
- MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’ (See Review, Swatch HERE)
- Maybelline chai latte quad (darkest shade)
- Brush – MAC 217
- Unbranded brush
- Apply MAC paint pot ‘Indianwood’ all over the lid and extend up to the brow bone.
- Apply bronze gold eye shadow (Amber lights) all over the lid.
- Apply frosty plummy brown eye shadow(Twinks) in the crease and outer corner. Blend upwards towards the brows.
- Use brown pencil to line upper lash line and water line.
- Apply the brown eye shadow on lower lash line.
- Highlight inner corner with a gold based highlighter (MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’.
- MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC40
- Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale‘ (Review, photos HERE)
- Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’ (as blush+contour) (Review, swatches HERE)
- Colorbar concealer 003
- QVS foundation sponge
- Bourjois kabuki brush
- MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’ (As highlighter on cheek bones, cupid bow)
- Avon smooth minerals lipstick ‘Brick Red’
Finished look –
Do you wear red lips? What makeup do you pair it with?
You might also like to read –