While trying out a new mineral eye shadow ‘Summer Storm‘ from Mattify!Cosmetics, I came up with this super simple eye makeup look.
‘Summer Storm’ is a very frosty silvery grey shade with a blue-green undertone. The mineral powder eye shadow is very finely-milled and transforms to a high shine metallic grey on the lids. Since grey is a neutral shade, I decided to pair it with a vibrant berry lip color.
Summary of the look –
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas , apply foundation and set with powder. For the eyes, apply frosty mid-tone grey eye shadow all over lid and on lower lash line, apply lots of kohl and finish off with mascara. Apply brownish pink blush on cheeks and pair with deep berry pink lip color.
This is how the final look turned out –
PRODUCTS USED –
- Mattify! cosmetics loose mineral powder for face (to prime eye lids)
- Mattify! cosmetics loose mineral eyeshadow ‘Summer Storm’ (on entire lid and lower lash line)
- MAC Smolder (for waterline)
- Avon super curlacious mascara
- Colorbar concealer ’03 Almond Coffee’
- Brushes- Faces eye shadow brush, Unbranded brush
- Primed eyes using loose powder.
- Applies ‘Summer Storm’ eye shadow all over lid using fluffy brush and softened/blended at the crease.
- Lined waterline with black kohl.
- Applied ‘Summer storm’ eye shadow lightly on lower lash line 3/4th of the way starting from outer corner.
- Applied mascara.
- Mattify! cosmetics loose mineral powder for face (as primer
- The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06’
- Mattify! cosmetics loose mineral powder for face (to set foundation)
- Lakme pure rouge blush ‘Rose Crush’
- Brushes- The Body shop face and body brush, Vega blush brush (not pictured)
- Avon mega impact lipstick ‘Brilliant Berry’
What lip color would you pair silver-grey eye shadow with?