I showed you a classic gold-ruby combination in the first Bridal Tutorial Posted HERE and today I’m showing you a more toned down look with a black-gold smokey eye and a natural lip.
This look is for the subtle bride who likes to keep it simple and classic with minimal color. There is just a hint of gold on the eyes and rest of the face is polished and natural. This look is different from the more conventional bridal looks but I think it’ll look good on almost everyone and is perfect for those who’re not very fond of deep lip colors and much shimmer on the eyes.
Products used for the Black-Gold Smokey eye :
- Shiseido Shimmering Cream eye color BK 912 (black with subtle green shimmer)
- Lakme Absolute kohl
- Make Up For Ever pigment no. 902 (Gold Pearl)
- Black matte eye shadow from Coastal Scents 88 palette (not pictured)
- Bourjois Intense Extrait eye shadow no. 9 (dark blackish brown)
- Inglot Body Sparkles no. 56 (reflects gold)
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara
- Colorbar Instant Cover up stick concealer 03
Step-by-step Picture Tutorial :
Step 1 : Take a long lasting cream eye shadow like the Shiseido one used here or MAC Paint Pot in Blackground and apply on lid as shown.
Step 2 : Now take a fluffy brush like MAC 217 and blend the cream eye shadow in the crease.
Step 3 : Apply a black long lasting kohl like Lakme Absolute kohl on the inner rims of the eyes i.e. upper and lower waterlines.
Step 4 : Taking a pointed pencil brush, apply the black cream eye shadow on lower lash line leaving inner corner and tear duct area.
Step 5 : Take a gold highlighter like MAC Ricepaper or Make Up For Ever pigment 902 and highlight the inner corner and tear duct.
Step 6 : Apply the same highlighter on the brow bone.
Step 7 : Apply a matte black eye shadow all over the lid over the cream eye shadow.
Step 8 : Using a dark brown matte eye shadow, blend the black applied in previous step in the crease. Apply the same dark brown to the lower lash line over the cream eye shadow applied in Step 4.
Step 9 : Take a gold reflecting pigment and press it gently over the lid using a brush or using finger tips. I have used Inglot body sparkles no. 56, applied using fingers.
Step 10 : Curl lashes and apply waterproof Mascara. Apply a little more of the black eye shadow along the upper lash line to cover up the gold sparkles there.
Clean up any excess/fallout and apply concealer. Fill your brows after the face makeup is done.
For the FACE :
- Before I started my eye makeup, I had applied Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector in 01 Rose Beige all over my face excluding my eyes and lips. This is a great illuminator and gives a lovely glow to the face!
- Once my eye makeup was finished, I applied MAC Matchmaster foundation no. 3 using Inglot 21T foundation brush all over the face and neck.
- After applying foundation, I applied Benefit Girl Meets Pearl highlighter (golden pink) on the cheekbones and along the bridge of the nose. Since its a liquid highlighter, it needs to be applied before any powder products are applied. You can also use MAC Cream color base Improper Copper or Colorbar pen highlighter.
- Once all the cream/liquid products are done, set your face with a compact/face powder. I used Clinique Blended Face Powder using a fluffy face brush.
- As the last step, I applied MAC Ambering Rose blush on the apples of the cheeks and blended it towards the temples.
For the LIPS :
- Natural lips in everyday looks are very different from natural lips for a bride. You need a little more color on the lips for bridal makeup and to achieve the right shade, I mixed 2 lipsticks – Lakme Absolute Matte lipstick in Peach Carnation and Colorbar Velvet Matte Peach Crush.
- Go through the LIPS section of THIS post to read how to prep lips before applying makeup.
- Once the lips are moisturized and exfoliated, line and fill lips with a nude lip liner like Colorbar Nude Pink.
- Using a lip brush, apply a peachy brown lipstick like Lakme Peach Carnation all over the lips.
- Now to add some color, clean the lip brush on a tissue and now apply a bright intense peach/orangey lipstick like Colorbar Peach Crush on the lips till you get the desired color. You might want to add a touch of gloss since both the lipsticks used here are matte and could be drying over a few hours.
**Please ignore the moist (read sweaty) upper lip! The pallu on the head with the maang tikka was giving me a lot of trouble and needed readjusting after every shot! I switched back to a more wearable draping style for the remaining pictures.
[note color=”#FFE4C4″] I hope you liked the look! Drop your comments below![/note]
Also read :