Kickstarting the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Series with a simple look that is great for office wear or for casual everyday wear. The eyes are ares subtle and simply defined using only brown eye shadow and mascara, the cheeks and lips have a natural dusty rose color for a clean and fresh look.
Hope you like the look, don’t forget to leave a comment below this post!
L’Oreal Paris Infallible range products used for this look :
- Eye shadow ~ Endless Chocolate
- Lipstick ~ Intensely Mauve
Products used for the eyes :
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible concealer
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible eye shadow – Endless Chocolate
- L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara
- Blending brush : MAC 224
- Angled liner brush : Sephora
Step-by-Step Eye makeup Tutorial :
Step 1 : Apply concealer (Review HERE) around the eye area after moisturizing the skin.
Step 2 : Using the tip of the third finger, blend the concealer using soft, dabbing strokes.
Step 3 : If using a liquid concealer, set it with compact/loose powder. If using a stick concealer as in this tutorial, you can skip the powder. Using a blending brush, pick up some of the brown eye shadow (Endless Chocolate, Review HERE), tap off the excess product picked up by the brush off the back of your palm and apply it lightly in the outer most part of the crease.
Step 4 : Now in short wind-wiper motion strokes, blend the eye shadow applied in previous step in the crease.
Step 5 : Now taking a clean blending brush or the same one wiped off on a tissue, pick up some compact/loose face powder and apply it to the inner half of the lid where there is no brown eye shadow, just to give a neat finished look.
Step 6 : Using a damp angled eye liner brush (or using Inglot Duraline), line the upper lash line with Endless Chocolate eye shadow.
Step 7 : With the left over product on the brush from the previous step, now trace the lower lash line halfway starting from the outer most corner. This will just add a slightly smokey effect and some volume to the lashes.
Step 8 : Clean off the excess product from the outer corner using a damp tissue/wet wipe, curl your lashes and finish off with 1 coat of the L’Oreal Paris Million Lashes Mascara (review HERE).
Fill in your brows after the foundation/powder is done.
Finished look :
Products used for the face :
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation
- Clinique Blended face powder
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder : Sunkiss Radieux
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Blush : True Rose
Now I do not own a powder and bronzer from L’Oreal so I’ve used whichever I own. For the face :
- Start by applying a thin layer of foundation concentrating on the areas that really need foundation. I have used my fingers with this foundation to get a thin layer. Read my review of the Infallible Foundation HERE. I like this foundation because the coverage is medium but can be built up if desired and it gives a nice fresh glow to the skin. It is also quite long stay and hence appropriate for office wear.
- Dust some loose powder on the T-zone and inner cheeks to keep the oil at bay. Oily skinned women should apply it on the entire face.
- Using the Revlon Bronzer, I have very faintly added some definition to the cheek bone and jawline but its very subtle as I wanted the overall look to be fresh and rosy. Be careful with the contour powder/bronzer, just use a tiny amount of product to add contour/definition.
- Add some fresh color to the cheeks with L’Oreal Paris True Match Blush in True Rose (click for review). This is a sheer blush so one needn’t worry about going overboard in one swipe of the brush. Start by applying the blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend it towards the temples.
For the Lips :
- Finish off the look by applying L’Oreal Paris Infallible lipstick in Intensely Mauve (click for swatch) on the lips. Make sure to moisturize before applying as it is a long stay lipstick and can be drying after a few hours.
The Finished look :
[note color=”#FFE4C4″] If you’re someone used to wearing kohl, you can add that here. I do not wear kohl on a regular basis so I’ve skipped it here. If you have heavy under eye pigmentation, I would recommend you not to wear kohl unless you’re using a corrector otherwise it will only draw attention to the dark circles. What do you think of this look? Let me know in the comments below! [/note]
Also read :