I knew they were launching soon in India and when I saw these on nykaa.com, I quickly grabbed a few before they got sold out! In this post I have swatched 4 shades – 003 Bad Girl Bronze, 004 Guilty Grey, 008 Blackmail, 009 Blamed Blue.
Price : Rs 415 for 3.25 g (buy online at hmangasite.info)
What I Love about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks ~
- Smooth, creamy texture – they glide on without an tugging and feel really smooth and soft. But they aren’t soft to the point of being crumbly. I find these softer and hence, gentler on the eye than the Clinique Chubby Sticks.
- Incredible pigmentation! You don’t really need layering with these, they give true color in a single swipe.
- Easy to use ~ Fairly easy to blend with fingers or a brush, don’t get patchy or uneven when blended.
- Long wearing! These set into a smudgeproof finish a minute after application. After that they don’t budge for around 6-8 hours on my lids. There is definitely creasing after that but if I layer a powder eye shadow on top, it stays longer.
- Well priced! These are actually a little cheaper (by few rupees) in India than in the UK. These are also half the price of the other options available in the Indian market!
What I don’t like about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks ~
- These need to be sharpened! Which means product wastage. I prefer twist up liners especially when its crayons because there is more wastage when its a fatter liner.
- Limited shade range. While a basic matte black, a bronze and a grey are nice, the range could be so much richer with a few more wearable shades – a soft gold, a khaki or olive gold, a lighter brown and a taupe perhaps. A nude shade could be great as well – for using as an eye shadow base!
003 Bad Girl Bronze ~ Beautiful bronze shade with pearl. Its not too shimmery, its just the perfect shade that would work on all complexions. Beautiful on brown, green, hazel eyes! Its the only warm neutral in the range and its already sold out on nykaa.com. I’d highly recommend this shade!
004 Guilty Grey ~ Slate grey with a touch of blue. Contains fine shimmer as well. Nice basic shade, I’d like to wear this smoked out with black kohl.
008 Blackmail ~ Basic matte black. Its not the darkest black but its really handy for doing a quick smokey eye. I like wearing this all over the lid, softened with a matte black shadow in the crease!
009 Blamed Blue ~ Bright turquoise blue. I don’t wear a lot of color on my eyes but this was one was too pretty to pass up! Its got a very satiny look with the barest hints of pearl – love it!
Just like there was a boom in lip crayons some time back, its time for eye shadow crayons! I have reviewed the Clinique Chubby sticks for eyes and next up will be the new Lakme ones. I think the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks are excellent – smooth creamy texture, great pigmentation and long wear time – if there were only twist-up instead of the sharpening type, I’d give them a 5/5!
Rating : 4.75/5
You can purchase these online from hmangasite.info(link).
[note color=”#FFEECA”]Have you tried the new Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks? What is your take on eye shadow crayons? Share your comments below! [/note]